A section of the floor used by teams of Coaches Larry Brown and Roy Williams from 1979-1992. The 1988 NCAA National Championship Men's team played on this floor section which hangs in the PUR-O-ZONE offices. A segment of the 3-point arc, which was approximately one foot closer to the basket than today's arc, is seen in the upper right corner. This was prior to naming the court after James A. Naismith, game inventor and Kansas' first coach. He was also the only KU men's basketball coach with an overall losing record. Naismith died in Lawrence in 1939.